BENEFIT IMPROVEMENTS AT A GLANCE: KEY PERSON Plan Code 9500
For new Disabilities that occur on, or after, November 1, 2015.
- 100% OF BENEFITS PAYABLE FOR UP TO 12 MONTHS OF TOTAL DISABILITY
- THE MAXIMUM AVAILABLE BENEFIT HAS BEEN INCREASED FROM $8,000 to $12,000 per month. Additional coverage is subject to underwriting approval of good health, and financial evidence.
- TERMINATION AGE HAS BEEN INCREASED TO RECOGNIZE THAT NOT EVERYONE RETIRES AT AGE 65. You can now keep coverage up to age 80, subject the full-time employment as of age 71.
- THE INSURED KEY PERSON IS PRESUMED DISABLED for the loss of 2 or more limbs, or a total loss of hearing, sight or speech, even if still working.
- IN THE EVENT OF DEATH an amount equal to 3 times the Maximum Monthly Benefit will be payable, and is not based on disability.
- NO CAP ON FIRM SIZE. Coverage is available to lawyers in firms of all sizes.